Production Controller/Senior Production Controller - Children's
SALARY: UPON APPLICATION
We have a lovely role for a motivated Production Controller to work on a fantastic children’s list. If you are interested in working on children’s books this could be your next production role.
Based in London, and reporting to the Production Manager the Production Controller will work on a varied range of children’s titles from manuscript to finished books, ensuring they are produced to the highest standard, to schedule and within budget. Training will also be given in safety testing for children’s book production. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Checking specification of required dummies and distribute to appropriate departments with dummy approval form for signature
- Check schedule for assigned titles from manuscript to finished books
- Attend start-up meetings for assigned titles and ensure books can be produced within budget and schedule and according to foreign language requirements
- Advise design department on co-edition requirements
- Arrange repro within budget, schedule and place work with repro house
- Check repro files in InDesign on receipt from the design department
- Check jacket files in InDesign
- Maintain regular contact with printers to ensure schedule doesn’t slip
This role would suit a production professional who is looking to move into children’s books and learn the safety testing process (full training given).
- Proven 4 colour book production experience (at least 2 years)
- Good understanding of the production process
- Great communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Basic commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Strong IT skills, including InDesign
For further details of this very appealing production role please send your CV to us, outlining your salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register