Senior Production Editor
LOCATION: LONDON - HYBRID WORKING
Are you a Production Editor looking for the next step, or a Senior Production Editor looking for a new challenge? A highly successful publisher of medical and healthcare journals is looking to recruit an experienced Production Editor to oversee the end-to-end production of one of their flagship journals including print and digital publications. Based in London our client offers a hybrid working arrangement with ideally 2 days in the office.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day handling of the journal, including new submissions, peer review, sending proofs and dealing with manuscripts
- Being the main contact for authors
- Working with Production Editors and Copy Editors on any decisions made on the journal
- Act as intermediary between editors and authors regarding any issues relating to the journals
- Working with the Submissions team with regard to new figures, article layout and online articles
This is an ideal role to gain more experience within journals publishing and the successful person will be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a science degree, although other degrees will be considered. You will have some experience as a production editor, or within production or editorial from a journals background plus a knowledge of InDesign. Strong IT skills are essential as are great organisation skills and the ability to manage high quality work and the ability to multitask.
If you are looking for a step up in journals publishing or just fancy a change of environment and would like more information on this role, please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest an salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register