Senior Designer - Children's Books
LOCATION: CENTRAL LONDON
We have a lovely design role for an experienced and creative designer with children’s book design experience. Working on a fabulous range of children’s books the Senior Designer will have the opportunity to provide leadership and support within this busy, friendly creative department of this highly successful children’s publisher.
This is an ideal opportunity to manage your own design projects and mentor new members of the team to ensure all design work is created and provided on time to meet production deadlines and origination budgets.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Providing the creative team with design solutions and input in the creation of titles
- Carry out work as allocated from the Design Manager
- Carry out design administration duties, including marketing materials and archiving
- Manage co-edition title requests
- Liaise with production regarding any extras to the books and provide any components required to complete the final process
- Check PDFs as and when required
To be considered for this exciting design role you will have proven design experience, ideally from a young children’s publishing background. Experience with novelty books would be a bonus. You will be fully competent with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, with the ability to work to strict deadlines. Strong time management and communication skills are essential as is the ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
For further information on this fabulous design role, please send your CV with a link to your portfolio.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register