SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: ABINGDON, OXFORDSHIRE
SALARY: £42,000 - £48000
We have a fabulous senior communications role for an experienced and highly motivated individual. This is a key role within the journals Content and Communications team of a highly regarded global academic publisher. The core purpose of this role is to provide leadership to the Community Relations team who are responsible for managing and delivering an outstanding experience for the researcher, society and library communities. The role will also support the Marketing Director for Content and Communications and the Associate Communications Director in engagement activities with a wide range of stakeholders, including policy makers.
This is a pivotal role within the team and key responsibilities will involve:
• Line Managing a team of Community Relations Manager
• Preparing communications plans which are in line with business and community needs
• Devising, managing and delivering a customer experience programme
• Planning a proactive PR and thought-leadership strategy that tells a positive story of scholarly publishers in the research communications cycle
• Monitoring brand in the marketplace
• Provide support to the Marketing Director for Content & Communications
This is a role with bags of potential and the opportunity to carve out your niche. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Communications professional with the following skills and experience:
• Line management experience – essential, as you will have three direct reports
• The ability to plan effectively and guide others – essential
• You will be a Communications professional with 5+ years’ experience and a strong track record of external communications, either within a business or agency side.
• An understanding of international media relations, issue communications and government relations
• The ability to deliver a thought-leadership programme across multiple channels
• A understanding of Customer Experience methodology – essential
• Excellent copywriting skills
For further information of this fabulous new role please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register