Senior Acquisitions Editor / Acquisitions Editor
LOCATION: CENTRAL LONDON
SALARY: DETAILS UPON APPLICATION
We have a super new opportunity for an experienced Acquisitions Editor to join a leading London based STM publishing organisation, working on their physical sciences and engineering lists.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced acquisitions/commissioning editor looking to take on more responsibility and work on a broad list of titles. This is a highly responsible role and the successful person will need to demonstrate previous success in this area.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Acquiring new titles and new editions of key backlist titles in the areas of Maths, Physics and Engineering.
- Negotiate contracts and terms with Publisher, authors, editors and contributors
- Build a network of academic contacts
- Develop acquisitions plans and identify relevant trends and market demographics
- Work as part of the publishing team to create, implement and track projects
- Create proposals, including costing and pricing suggestions. Update and keep abreast of existing product portfolios
This is a highly desirable Acquisitions role, working for a highly successful and respected publishing organisation and the role requires relevant experience, tenacity and a can-do approach.
The successful person will have:
- Demonstrable relevant acquisitions/commissioning experience within the areas of physics, engineering and/or maths
- A Master’s/PhD degree in a scientific subject
- Experience in identifying and recruiting potential authors
- Strong negotiating and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- A can-do approach to your work and a resourceful team player
This role carries an excellent salary and benefits package depending on experience.
For further details, please forward your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest in the role and your salary expectations to email@example.com
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register