SALARY: On application
LOCATION: Hybrid - 2 days in office, London
Do you have an aptitude for interpreting scientific data and the attention to detail required to identify inconsistencies? A leading London based publisher in the field of biomedical sciences is looking for an Editor to join their journals editorial team. Based in London, the Editor will be responsible for copyediting scientific and technical manuscripts, and will also be involved in the peer review process and evaluating the content of manuscripts. Our client is offering a hybrid working arrangement (ideally 2 days in the office and 3 days working remotely).
This is a key role in the team and would suit a candidate who is looking to pursue a career within biomedical publishing.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Copyediting of manuscripts for language and readability in line with house style and policies
- Checking factual content and raising queries with the Managing Editor when necessary
- Assessing authors responses to edits and editorial comments
- Involvement in the peer review process, including identification of problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation
- Collaborate with the scientific community and internal teams
The successful person will have:
- Educated to PhD level in the biological sciences (Essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage high quality work whilst working to tight deadlines
- The ability to maintain a level of scientific knowledge appropriate to the role
- Strong IT skills
- Editorial or publishing experience is desirable, but not essential as training in copy-editing will be provided to suitable candidates
This is an ideal role for someone with the required qualification looking to make a career within scientific publishing.
For further information please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.comApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register