Rights Manager - 12 Months FTC - Trade Books
Salary: Attractive Salary
Are you a Rights professional with experience in co-edition and translation rights? Would you like to work for a highly prestigious publishing organisation, within their successful, friendly Rights Department?
We have a super 12 month maternity contract role for an experienced Rights professional, working as part of a team, co-ordinating scheduling and business focus, ensuring largest possible runs. This is an ideal role to expand your Rights experience with a Top Drawer publishing company.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Achieving set budgets and sales targets and delivering growth in revenue and profitability for allocated markets, selling translation rights and co-editions
- Building business partnerships with key customers
- Work as part of the wider team, co-ordinating scheduling and business focus
- Travel to major markets up to 12 times a year, including Book Fairs
- Negotiate and check contracts ensuring these always represent the company’s best interest
- Evaluate sales of books at pre-acquisition stage and provide figures for costings
- Work with the Senior Rights Manager and |Director to develop and implement a long-term business plan, detailing critical success factors and opportunities for growth
This is an ideal role for someone with demonstrable experience in Foreign Rights looking to gain broader experience, or a Rights Executive looking for experience at a more senior level.
The successful person with be educated to degree level or equivalent and will have proven experience in selling co-edition and Rights from a trade book background – this is essential. You will be widely travelled and willing to travel up to 12 times a year. It is essential that you have strong negotiating, organisational and planning skills along with great interpersonal and selling skills. Fluency in a second language would be useful, but is not essential.
This role will be available from the middle of March so early applications may be prioritised.
For further information please send your CV and your salary expectations, along with your availability.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register