Salary: Very Attractive
Are you passionate about books? Do you have the ability to build effective global partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels? A leading specialist in wholesale book supply has a fabulous opportunity for a Purchasing Director to define and implement their buying strategy across all their brands.
This is a highly responsible role within the team, reporting directly to the CEO, and will involve optimising business performance through all the usual buying leavers, whilst maximising profitability and customer experience.
The key responsibilities will involve:
- Strategically positioning/leveraging the Group brands, maximising best commercial terms, pricing and purchasing volume power
- Researching marketing and customer trends and identifying the correct title selection to maximise profits
- Accountability for developing and implementing functional strategies and for effective reporting to build understanding and awareness of the range and title performance
- Building and managing senior partnership relationships with key publishers and attend high profile publisher meetings to achieve objectives and actions
- Responsibility for budgets, stock forecasts for the wider Group functions
- Ensuring revenue opportunities are shared with the wider teams
- Representing the organisation at all relevant trade shows, exhibitions and other events
The successful person will have sufficient demonstrable experience of working at senior level with a strong track record of developing and implementing buying strategies which meet/exceed business targets.You will have solid management and leadership experience with a clear command of the key financial drivers in a dynamic results orientated environment.. Experience in leading negotiations underpinned with strategies, is essential, as is experience of building and growing high performing teams.
This role carries a generous salary, performance-related bonus and benefits package.
For further information please forward your CV with a short letter outlining your interest in the role and salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register