Publishing Systems Coordinator
SALARY: DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: CAMBRIDGE - HYBRID WORKING
We have a fabulous new role working for a not-for-profit publisher of scientific journals. This unique and exciting opportunity will report to the Production Manager and will closely with the editorial teams and external suppliers to maintain and develop their journal peer-review and article-tracking systems, and ensure content processing meets the appropriate standards for publication. The Publishing Systems Coordinator will also provide support to system users, resolving problems and answering queries. This is a full-time role (35hrs per week) offering a hybrid working arrangement, 50% working from their offices based in Cambridge and 50% working from home.
Some of the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with editorial teams to maintain and develop systems for manuscript submission, peer review, production and open access publication
- Providing technical support and advice to system users, identifying and resolving problems
- Working with external suppliers to ensure content processing produces the required results
- Delivering system training workshops and presentations
- Contributing to special projects relating to publishing workflows and system updates
We are looking for a highly organised individual with a strong interest in process improvement, with the ability to find ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined. You will have a pro-active approach to problem solving and great attention to detail, with the ability to respond quickly to time-sensitive requests. You should have the ability to work independently as well as enjoy working within a team. Great communication skills are a must for this role as you will be engaging with users on a one-to-one basis or larger presentations.
For further details of this highly interesting role, please send your CV with a short cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register