Publishing Manager - B2B
Salary: Attractive Salary
Our client is seeking first-class individuals with a passion for publishing, business and sales. The role is similar to that of a movie producer: get the script, finance it by pitching to investors and hand-pick the team that is going to create it. Sounds like you?
This role is working for an award-winning London based publishing house which produce special reports and supplements exclusively for high quality daily press and are founded on the conviction that the intelligent mass still value-focused, high-quality content – normally comment and analysis – professionally produced and attractively presented.
With the freshest ideas and strongest momentum in the market, they are a high growth company with tremendous prospects for the future. They endeavour to attract candidates that replicate their characteristics as a business: entrepreneurial, brave, hungry to succeed with an energetic can-do attitude.
- Using strong research skills, identify trends and unique ideas for each report topic to develop an in-depth knowledge of the subject and feed into the editorial planning process.
- Deliver credible and professional sales pitches, by phone or face to face, to both existing contacts or through cold calling new prospects in order to achieve sales targets.
- Undertake independent research to establish and identify appropriate advertising partners for each publication.
- Develop editorial synopses and media kits to accurately communicate the desired message to the editorial team.
- Provide input on editorial and design, including liaison with expert freelance journalists and the company’s in-house design team to ensure the finished product meets the standards expected by all stakeholders.
- Assist the Production Editor in commissioning the editorial team to ensure the most appropriate professionals and/or organisations are selected for the publication.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth media organisation and make a real difference with your ideas, skills and experience. They offer a generous basic salary and commissions – on projects produced. Previous sales/account handling or research experience in the media industry is not a pre-requisite, but you need to be a first-class operator in whatever tasks and challenges you undertake. You will be of graduate calibre with a strong standard of degree, articulate, confident with the ability to present your ideas to senior level clients.. You should be interested in current affairs, be organised and able to work independently as well as in a team. You will be competitive, a self-starter and business oriented. This is a unique role with fabulous prospects.
This role carries a very attractive salary with an OTE of 55,000 and high performers £70,000 (first year)
If you are interested in working in business publishing, with top people in the industry, please contact us today.
For further information, please forward a CV with a short covering letter outlining you interest and salary expectations
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register