Salary: £41,136 - £52,503
Redwood Publishing Recruitment Exclusive Assignment
Redwood have been retained by Facet Publishing, the commercial publishing and bookselling arm of CILIP, the library and information association to recruit a dynamic and experienced Publisher to lead this highly respected publishing business. Facet is the leading publisher for the library, museum, archive, records management and information science communities worldwide, and this is a fabulous opportunity for the right person to lead and develop the business.
The Publisher will:
- Develop and shape the future direction of the Facet Publishing list.
- Monitor the global marketplace for competitors and identify new areas for list development.
- Formulate a new business plan and commissioning strategy.
- Monitor all sales data, key markets, accounts and territories.
- Manage, direct and drive relationship with the American Libraries Association (ALA).
- Liaise with authors and potential authors to build strong relationships.
- Work closely with authors to develop titles from proposal through to manuscript submission to ensure profitable publication.
- Negotiate author, series and partnership contracts.
- Meet annual commissioning targets in line with budget expectations.
- Oversee Sales, Marketing, Production and Distribution.
- Liaise with developers to ensure the successful implementation of new title management system (Consonance) into team working.
- Line manage a team of three and review roles as necessary.
This role requires an experienced publishing professional who will shape and grow the business. The successful candidate will have demonstrable commissioning experience in an academic/professional publishing environment. You will be commercially aware with the ability to identify areas of growth ahead of competitors, and experience of building new partnerships. Highly motivated with a strategic and hands-on approach in leading and motivating a team are essential qualities, as is the ability to collaborate and work with colleagues across CILIP.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a long-established membership organisation within its highly respected publishing business, we would very much like to hear from you.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org only and NOT directly to Facet Publishing
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register