Publisher - Life Sciences
SALARY: Generous salary - Details on application
LOCATION: Homeworking - UK
A highly successful open research publisher across the sciences genre has a super new role for an experienced Publisher in their life sciences team. Working across the business, the Publisher will be responsible for content and revenue growth in the life sciences across the organisation’s research and relevant publishing platforms. This role will work remotely from home, with some occasional travel to meetings post Covid.
What you’ll be doing:
- Formulating the publishing and content development strategy for Life Sciences and work with the Publishing and Commissioning Teams and implement it across the organisation.
- Working closely with other colleagues you will support the growth of new platforms and gateway partners in Life Sciences
- Support the business development team with developing the upcoming pipeline for new platform and gateway agreements in science
- Oversee development of the transfers of life science content form the company’s broader journal portfolio in life sciences
- Work with the portfolio management teams on an integrated and coordinated approach and range of publishing options with the journal portfolio in life sciences
- Line manage a small team
This is a crucial appointment to the team and the successful person will ideally have strong subject matter knowledge, along with demonstrable experience of real open science and open research knowledge. You will be able to demonstrate success in growing article revenue for an academic publisher and extensive experience of working with authors and building networks with the wider research community. A strong understanding of the scholarly publishing ecosystem, particularly Open Access and Open Research is essential as is experience of managing a small team. You will be solution-driven with the ability to think laterally and work independently and pro-actively, with an awareness of when to use the wider infrastructure around you.
This role carries a very attractive salary with excellent company benefits and the opportunity for remote working.
If you would like to find out more about this highly desired new position, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
You must have the right to work and live in the United KingdomApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register