PRODUCTION CONTROLLER - BOOKS -12 MONTH FTC
SALARY: DETAILS UPON APPLICATION
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who would like to develop a career within the production of books.
Working for a global publishing organisation based in the Oxford area, this role is a 12 month maternity contract and this role will give you production experience within a busy book production team, responsible for the manufacturing of print titles and supporting the global supply chain for books.
This role will ensure that accurate and effective buying means that the right books are in the right place to ensure the books are available to customers around the world. Therefore this is a rewarding and challenging opportunity for someone with an analytical approach and a passion for publishing.
Some key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing supplier outputs making sure they comply to timescales
- Effective supplier selection based on price, quality and timescales
- Quality assurance of delivered goods
- Helping with the sup[port of metadata and systems
This is an important role ensuring that the company is buying books in a cost-effective manner and within relevant timescales. You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and prioritising queries.
The successful person will have:
- Ideally a basic knowledge of and an interest in book production and the publishing industry
- Some experience of proofreading would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in breaking in to the industry
- An eye for detail and the ability to learn fast on the job
- The ability to multi-task and work well in a busy environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
This is a super opportunity to learn the production process of book publishing and in return you will be offered a competitive salary, plus excellent benefits, including 25 days holiday plus additional leave at Christmas.
If you would like further information on this role, please forward your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register