Production Controller - Books
Location: Abingdon, Oxford
We have a lovely opportunity to work as a Production Controller for a global publisher based in the Oxford area. This role is a very varied production role and will work within the Books production team, and will have responsibility for the production of a number of varied print titles, supporting the wider global team.
This is a highly interesting production role for someone who is keen to either start or continue a career in the production area of production.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Responsibility for the production process from concept through to final delivery
- Dealing with suppliers on an international basis, negotiating on price, quality and timescales to ensure books are produced within budget
- Ensuring quality of books is of the highest standard
- Dealing with invoices and purchase orders
- Create books specifications
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for someone who is interested in production and has an analytical approach and a passion for publishing.
The successful person will have:
- Ideally, a basic knowledge of and interest in book production
- A strong eye for detail, a curious mind and a fast learner
- Solid organisational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and Adobe would be an advantage
For further details of this interesting and varied production role, please send your CV and a short paragraph outlining your interest and salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register