SALARY: GENEROUS SALARY - DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: WINDSOR - HYBRID
A leading membership society within global healthcare is seeking to appoint an experienced Managing Editor to support the Publications Director in the day-to-day operations and strategic development of the Association’s two journals and one online video textbook.
This role is ideally suited to an experienced journals manager, with knowledge of the major publishing trends, including open access publishing. Candidates should ideally have experience in using Editorial Manager and be comfortable with presenting at key editor meetings. This role will be offered on a hybrid basis with 2 office-based days and 3 remote working days.
- Oversee the submission to publication process for all publications
- Respond to queries from editors, authors, speakers, reviewers, VEO and production
- Prepare and circulate quarterly reports for each publications core editor team
- Oversee editorial board renewals, end of terms and the invitation of new board members in consultation with the EiC’s
- Identity development opportunities for the publications
- Review marketing material drafted by our selected communication agency
- Work with Editors to identity topics and speakers for podcast and webinar series.
- Commission and track speakers for podcast and webinar series.
- Ensure clear links between podcast episodes and webinars to relevant recent publications
You will have demonstrable experience of working within scientific journals publishing, a good understanding of Open Access and great communications skills in dealing with internal and external colleagues.
Highly efficient and well organized, you will have first class multi-tasking skills and will be confident in leading meetings.
The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package with this position.
For further details on this interesting and varied role, please send your CV and a short cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register