Lead Development Editor
SALARY: On application
Our client is a leading global publisher of technical learning content for software developers and they are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Development editor to join their editorial team. This role will involve working on high-value titles and creating high quality material for a global market. The Lead Development Editor will work closely with authors to develop expert-guided and high-quality books on new and emerging technologies. You will also be responsible for managing a small team of senior editors and overseeing their upskilling in technical areas. This is a remote position.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Driving product improvements to obtain better commercial results for authors
- Engaging in high level technical discussions with authors, being able to deliver both editorial and technical feedback.
- Researching previously-published titles and determining how best to improve them
- Helping authors create engaging material, analysing and incorporating appropriate peer-review feedback.
- Upskilling senior editors
- Meeting production deadlines, managing a title pipeline and contributing towards product vision.
The successful person will have at least 2-3 years’ experience working with computer science content. You will be a confident writer and editor who is comfortable working with technical material with a strong eye for information structure. You should be comfortable having high-level conversations with external clients and the ability to line manage a team of 3-4 editors. A demonstrable interest in technology and a willingness to learn about key concepts and topic areas is essential.
This is a remote position and any equipment you require will be provided. The company offers an attractive salary and excellent company benefits.
For further information, please send your CV with a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register