Journals Portfolio Manager
SALARY: ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: LONDON - HYBRID OR REMOTE
Are you an experienced journals or books open access professional from a Humanities or Social Sciences background, looking to broaden your experience? We have two exciting new roles available for ambitious individuals who have a passion and interest in driving OA growth.
Due to consistent growth, a major global academic publisher is looking to recruit two OA Journal Portfolio Managers, to effectively manage, develop and launch a portfolio of Open Access journals, across their Humanities and Social Sciences journals portfolio. You will work at an advanced level to bring additional OA expertise and publishing flair to the team. The roles offer a fantastic opportunity for candidates with a track-record of successfully developing a list of OA books or journals in the HSS area to take the next step in your career. The open positions are in Education and Social Sciences. Reporting to the relevant Head of Portfolio you will bring additional OA expertise to the team, launching, developing and managing OA journals.
These roles can be worked on a remote basis with the option of balanced working from the office if desired.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shaping and delivering plans to grow, develop and maximise the profitability of Open Access journals within your portfolio
- Manage a journals portfolio to an agreed level of revenue and profitability
- Pro-actively manage the article pipeline to deliver against agreed service levels
- Develop new open access propositions based on strong market research and best practice approach
- Commission content, building a network of contacts and working with the Editorial team to deliver on commissioning plans
- Work closely with colleagues across the Journals Business to ensure timely publication
This is a fabulous opportunity to increase your knowledge, level of responsibility and broaden your OA experience. We are looking for individuals who have experience of meeting open access publication targets. Candidates with books experience or OA marketing experience will also be considered, but a background in HSS disciplines is important. This is a role that blends creativity and data analysis to create new products or adapt old ones.
The successful person will have:
- Experience of successfully managing and developing a list of Open Access academic journals or books, within the subject areas of Humanities and Social Sciences or related subjects.
- Some experience of managing a journals portfolio to meet business growth objectives/or equivalent
- A good understanding of the drivers for successful OA Publishing
- A strategic mindset and approach to your work
- Industry and market awareness
These roles carry a very attractive salary, bonus and excellent company benefits. If you are looking for your next challenge in a forward-thinking environment please forward your CV, salary expectations and a short cover note and we will send you further details to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register