Journal Portfolio Manager
SALARY: ON APPLICATION
Do you have experience of working on a suite of journals? Would you like the opportunity to broaden your journals experience and take on a more responsible role?
Due to growth, a major global publisher is looking to recruit a
Journal Portfolio Manager, initially on a maternity contract to effectively manage a portfolio of journals for the Biology list, under the direction of the Global
Head of Portfolio. This role is initially for a fixed term of 9-12 months.
It is a highly interesting role for someone who has worked on a journals list and is ready for the next step in terms of career progression and autonomy.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to create and deliver a business plan to grow and develop the profitability of your journals portfolio
- Foster long-term relationships with Societies to maintain and
protect your portfolio, and create opportunities for future
- Maintain a strong external focus e.g. attending conferences,
editorial board meetings etc. creating profile and relevant networks, in
order to increase subject and customer knowledge and understanding.
- Manage the transition of acquired titles and publish existing programmes to agreed plan.
- Work closely with colleagues across the Journals Business to ensure timely publication
- Commission and acquire new products to an agreed level of revenue
and profitability, under the direction of the Head of Portfolios.
This is a fabulous opportunity to increase your knowledge, level of responsibility and broaden your journals experience.
The successful person will have:
- Some Experience within journals publishing. You may already have some experience of managing a small portfolio of journals.
- Experience of working with Journals Societies
- The ability to adapt to new systems and websites
- Industry and market awareness
- Willingness to travel to and participate in external events
If you are looking for your next challenge in a forward-thinking
organisation, please forward your CV, salary expectations and a short
cover note and we will send you further details.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register