In-House Book Sales Executive – Trade Books
A rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced book sales executive to join a London-based publisher who publish non-fiction publications on a range of subjects, from lifestyle, luxury, entertainment to business and industry. They are looking for an entrepreneurial and results-driven Book Sales Executive to build commercial relationships, create opportunities and drive book sales. The successful person will join a recently established, highly ambitious and collaborative team, and the role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to make an enormous commercial impact and develop their sales career in publishing.
The Sales Executive will liaise with a wide range of wholesalers, retailers, other sales partners and event organisers to agree bulk book purchases, sales partnerships, sale-or-return contracts or consignment arrangements.
The role combines inside and field sales activities, and the core duties will include:
- Building on the company’s existing client list to expand its network of business contacts
- Proactively source new leads and generate book sales
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue targets
- Solicit referrals and new contacts for the business
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Visit existing and potential business partners in London and around the UK, as required
- Maintain existing and dormant customer relationships
- Coordinate book signing events to support ongoing PR campaigns and drive book sales
- Represent the publisher at book launches, industry fairs, press days, book signings and other events.
- An entrepreneurial approach, coupled with a confident and positive outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an intuitive sense for structuring a sales pitch, making a compelling presentation and closing a deal
- A proven track record of selling titles from a similar trade books background in high volume, to a range of retail partners
- A detailed understanding of the book retail landscape (including relevant markets, trends, opportunities, fairs, success stories, failures, etc.)
- Experience in developing and account managing key relationships and associated opportunities
- Strong commercial acumen and an ability to make quick and accurate calculations
- The ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in coordinating with multiple departments including editorial, business development, marketing and PR, operations and accounts
- A solid understanding of the book retail supply chain
This is a fabulous opportunity to start the New Year and for further information please send your CV, salary expectations and a short paragraph outlining your interest.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register