Head of Publishing Operations
SALARY: GENEROUS SALARY - DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: WILTSHIRE - NEAR SWINDON
We have a fabulous new role working for a highly successful trade publisher. The Head of Publishing Operations will be responsible for maintaining the office, print production, sales and fulfilment processes, day-to-day running of the business and developing the strategy for future growth as well as managing a small team. This is a key role, requiring a self-starter who thinks entrepreneurially, with sound management skills and experience of developing a team. Our client is offering a hybrid working arrangement working ideally 2 to 3 days in their Wiltshire office.
Key responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Leading the team deliver titles and marketing material, including catalogues within budget, on time and to compliance and quality standards
- find ways to reduce costs, improve workflow efficiency and have the experience to be able to mitigate risks across the production supply chain
- Manage the reprints and master schedule all titles
- Assist with budget planning when required on a yearly basis with quarterly re-forecasts
- Ensure the team have the tools and clear, concise communication required to complete all tasks assigned to them
- Planned workload is to ensure delivery and resources are used in the balanced, effective way
- Maintain the exhibition schedule and manage the collateral exhibitions and exhibition set up
- Manage office, finance and legal tasks as required
This is a fantastic role for someone who has sufficient demonstrable experience of publishing processes/systems and has a sound knowledge of sales order processes. We are looking for an experienced team leader with a book production background or a project manager from a books background; ideally, with experience of using Biblio 3 or similar and the ability to quickly understand new processes and bring new ideas to the role.
You will have strong attention to detail with great time management skills and be a confident team player, who can think on their feet. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility and who is looking for an opportunity to shape the direction of a role and a New division.
If you would like further details of this new exciting role, please send your CV and a short cover note to: email@example.comApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register