Head of Production - Peer Review
SALARY: DETAILS UPON APPLICATION
Redwood Publishing Recruitment have been retained by a global medical organisation to recruit an experienced Head of Review Production. This is a key appointment as a member of their Senior Management Team and will support the Editor in Chief and the CEO by leading the operations of review production, and help deliver the objectives and targets of the Cochrane Editorial & Methods Department, leading a team of 8-10 staff.
This role of Head of Production – Review requires substantial experience of operational management and leadership from a STM peer review background and key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and overseeing the work of the organisation’s synthesized evidence production system to ensure it is effective and efficient, by leading, overseeing and managing the work of the Review group Networks and teams to ensure reviews address current important questions; that coverage across clinical medicine and public health is comprehensive; that review quality consistently meets or exceeds current international expectations, and that the editorial process and review team production work efficiently.
- Ensure the integrity of the editorial process across all Editorial Networks and Groups, and content produced meets current best standards by developing, updating and revising the organisation’s methods and standards.
- Ensuring that quality assurance strategies, including management of editorial processes and policies are in place for all products and services
- Manging and supporting the team of Associate editors and the Network support Fellows of Review Group Networks, and the development of Network based staff.
- Leading the Review Production operational projects including:
-the Transformation Programme
-introduction of a new or improved Editorial Management system
- Introduction of a new journal submission process
-editorial and process implementation
To be successful for the Head of Production – Review you will need to have:
- Substantial demonstrable operational/leadership and experience of managing processes, particularly editorial process management and improvement from an STM journals background (Essential).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong people, project and budget management skills and experience
- An understanding of evidence synthesis and its potential impact on health, and of key evidence synthesis methods (e.g. GRADE), essential
- The ability to solve problems and make timely and effective decisions
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing needs
- Ability to travel internationally
For more detailed information on the Head of Production – Review role please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 0486223
Applications for this role are being dealt with by Redwood Publishing Recruitment only
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register