SALARY: On application
LOCATION: Homeworking OR Oxford/London
A leading international academic publisher is looking for a motivated Executive Editor to join their Research team within the Medicine & Health Journals area. This role will be responsible for managing three of their highly regarded journals within the portfolio. This portfolio of well-respected peer reviewed, international journals publishes a select variety of original research and this role is ideal for someone looking for a varied role, guiding the growth of three titles at very different stages in their development.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving new high-quality original research submissions and commissions articles which represent latest medical research
- Developing journal development plans that evaluate industry trends, competitors and journal content to identify short- and long-term objectives and opportunities
- Evaluate submitted manuscripts and peer-reviewed papers
- Build author, society and industry relationships through editor-in-chief and editorial board member interaction and providing publishing workshops and conference presentations that educate the research community
- Collaborate on internal projects to develop subject matter expertise, accelerate open access growth and increase industry outreach
We are looking for a candidate who can think outside the box and experiment with new publication options and this role would suit a junior to mid-level individual in terms of experience and where it sits in the team. The successful person will have some relevant, proven experience within scientific journal publishing, especially in terms of journal development and an understanding of medical and publication ethics. Some familiarity with research and/or medical publishing community/organisations would be useful. You will have great attention to detail and be comfortable with both task and deadline driven work. This role can be partly office based or remote working.
This role offers an attractive salary and great benefits package. For further details please send your CV and a short cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register