Editorial Office Team Leader - Peer Review
SALARY: On application
LOCATION: Remote - UK
A leading global academic publisher is looking to recruit an experienced journal professional with a good grasp of submission and peer review processes to support the growth of their editorial programme. This is initially a 12-month fixed term contract which can be worked on a fully remote basis.
This role will focus on providing high-quality peer review services, developing, deploying and overseeing the efficient set-up and quality monitoring processes due to growth. The Peer Review Team Leader will be responsible for the recruitment, performance management and overseeing of a suite of training for a small number of direct reports. This post would suit someone with some experience of monitoring/mentoring a small team and an understanding of journals publishing.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Coordinating outsourced editorial office administration processes and overseeing the roll-out schedule.
- Setting and reviewing objectives and developing goals for direct reports
- Overseeing the Editorial Office team and supplier performance.
- Financial reporting, including processing invoices, monitoring spend and forecasting
- Help to identify strategic workflow process
- Contribute to cross-departmental projects, including reporting on outcomes
The successful person will have:
- An understanding of the journals publishing environment and knowledge of the peer review process and systems.
- The ability to deliver a high-quality service to internal and external customers
- Experience of data management and reporting
- Experience of progress and performance monitoring
- Coaching and building strong working relationships
This role carries an attractive salary and a performance related bonus and excellent company benefits. To find out more about this interesting role, please send your CV with a short cover note and salary expectations.Apply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register