Editorial and Production Assistant
LOCATION: STEVENAGE, HERTFORDSHIRE
SALARY: DETAILS UPON APPLICATION
Are you interested in a career within publishing? Would you like to gain experience within editorial and production? We have a great opportunity working for a highly respected organization in their publishing division. The Editorial Production Assistant will have the opportunity to learn and develop skills within journals publishing, along with managing the publishing process, including print and digital publications.
Some key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Pre-filtering papers (Scope, Language, Format etc.)
- Responding to email and telephone queries and chasing authors, reviewers and editors
- Ensuring the quality of copyediting and typesetting is to a high standard and recording issues as appropriate
- Marking up and validating author corrections
- Ensuring the final XML, PDF and image files are correct
- Delivering articles and issue online files to the IET Digital Library platform
This is a great role to develop your publishing experience and the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high degree of literacy and numeracy, plus experience of using different IT packages within a working environment. Attention to detail is crucial for this role as is a willingness to represent the journals at meetings. Experience of proofreading and/or publishing a distinct advantage. Some experience in a publishing environment is highly desirable but not essential.
For further details of these roles please forward your CV and a short letter of application outlining your interest, availability and salary expectations to: email@example.com
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register