SALARY: On application
LOCATION: Homeworking OR London OR Oxford
Do you enjoy gathering and interpreting data? If so, we have a fabulous new position working for a highly successful, international academic publisher. This is an interesting role for an Editorial Analyst where you will generate insight that will help to drive the growth and profitability of their business. As part of a small team of specialists within the books editorial department the Editorial Analyst will combine analysis of traditional aspects of book publishing, with the use of new metrics generated by digital publishing, and requires someone who can work with a degree of autonomy and independence.
Some of the core responsibilities will include:
- Timely delivery of regular and one-off strategic analysis to scrutinize trends in book sales and revenues.
- Provide and support tools to improve editorial decision-making
- Assess editorial KPIs
- Capture, interpret and augment analytical requirements, anticipating future reporting needs where possible.
- Develop tools to monitor and analyse citation, usage and impact of book content
- Mentor and coach other department members around specific areas of knowledge
This is a super role for someone who loves dealing with data and the successful person will have a proven track record of delivering quantitative and qualitative data which advises evidence-based decision making. You will have experience in gathering and interpreting business data requirements and translating these into strategic analysis or system change request. You should be proficient in statistical analysis with the ability to extrapolate, interpret and communicate data from multiple sources. A knowledge of the academic book industry would be desirable but not essential.
This is a permanent full-time role, which can be worked remotely or part office/part home based.
For further information please forward your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register