Editor - Healthcare Publishing
Editor – Healthcare Publishing
A leading Healthcare publisher based in London is looking to recruit an experienced medical editor to be responsible for the editorial accuracy and quality content of a suite of medical journals. As a senior member of the team, reporting to the Head of Publishing, you will help to produce different titles within the portfolio as well as a pharmaceutical magazine. You will be responsible for researching, commissioning and conducting regular correspondence with the journal contributors, ensuring deadlines are met.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Monitoring journal standards
- Proofreading/responsibility for quality control of all content
- Identify areas for improvement
- Ongoing development of team, ensuring they are familiar with procedures and specifications
- Work with the Assistant Editor in managing the Editorial team (this wont involve day to day management).
- Create and implement content strategy for the wider brand with the Head of Publishing
- Be creative in ideas for additional journals the organisation could launch
This is a responsible and varied role and the successful person will have a medical science related degree (Master’s, PHD preferable, but not essential). You will have sufficient demonstrable experience in medical/healthcare publishing as an Editor with proven leadership skills, and experience in creating and executing new content strategies and initiatives. A digital publishing background is essential, including experience using Editorial Manager for workflow.
This role pays an attractive salary with excellent benefits. For further information, please send your CV with a short letter expressing your interest and salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register