Director of Editorial
SALARY: Excellent salary and bonus + benefits - Details on application
We have a fantastic new opportunity to work for the UK’s leading and award-winning media, lifestyle and entertainment brand for men, which has a global audience of around 13 million across all platforms, and whose content influences, informs and inspires men from all over the UK.
They now have an incredible opening for an experienced Director of Editorial to lead their highly successful editorial team, therefore we are looking for someone with fantastic leadership skills, a proven ability to publish content that hits and exceeds targets and a commitment t to uphold the values that the organisation stands for. We are looking for someone to build on the success so far of the organisation, and who can take it to the next level.
What You Will Be Doing
- Overseeing the daily output from the busy editorial team, across multiple mediums: written, video, graphics and audio offerings
- Leading and motivating a multi-disciplinary team of journalists, producers and editors
- Devising long term strategies to grow the audience, further enhance the brand’s reputation as a publisher and expand the areas of coverage
- Oversee the development of long form content to complement daily output, from documentaries to podcasts
- Developing and implementing processes to increase efficiency
- Working with the commercial team to ensure editorial and commercial offerings are consistent
- Upskilling the team and sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience in digital content
What We Are Looking For
- A heavy hitter within the publishing world, with at least five years’ experience leading a digital editorial operation
- Strong newsroom experience, but more importantly, the ability to motivate teams to meet deadlines and publish high quality work
- Excellent news judgement, able to see where the news agenda will be going and plan content to meet it
- Multiple areas of interest across politics, entertainment,, sport (well versed in internet culture and the latest developments in social media)
- Multi-disciplined; someone who is as comfortable with video content as they are with written
- Powerful networker with access to key industry leaders and influencers within politics, culture, entertainment and sport preferable
This role carries a generous salary and company performance-related bonus.
If you would like to work for a progressive, creative and pioneering organisation please send your CV and a short cover letter, outlining your interest and salary expectations.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register