Desk Editor- Peer Review –China
Location: Beijing, China
Salary: RMB 258,000 (£28,00 - £29,000)
A leading international academic publisher which is currently reshaping their journal business is looking to recruit a number of Desk Editors to join a new Reviewer Selection team in their office in Beijing and possibly Shanghai.
We are looking for ambitious publishing professionals with backgrounds in academic research to join a new team, supporting the peer review process and who enjoy keeping up to date with the latest in biomedical research, are detail-oriented, have strong communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
As a Desk Editor you will be accountable for efficient peer review administration procedures through online peer review systems to research international experts suitable to act as peer reviewers for cutting edge biomedical research.
Some key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Managing the peer review process for assigned journals
- Using internal and external databases to research and select appropriate reviewers
- Keeping up to date with internal and external guidelines on ethical publication practices
- Corresponding with reviewers regarding deadlines and queries
- Conducting data analysis, recognizing process improvement opportunities and making recommendations
- Daily liaison with internationally-based editorial teams
- Assisting on department projects as required
The Desk Editor will report to the Peer Review Manager and successful candidates will have:
- A postgraduate qualification, PhD, Masters or equivalent in biomedical sciences
- Knowledge and understanding of the process of journals and the peer review process
- A strong command of English spelling and grammar
- Fluency in Standard Chinese/Mandarin
- Knowledge and experience of process-driven workflows
- Ability to be detail oriented, accurate and a problem solver
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new, growing team if you are based in either Beijing or Shanghai and have the relevant experience and skills required.
For more detailed information please send your CV and a short application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register