SALARY: DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: WOODBRIDGE, SUFFOLK - NOT HYBRID OR REMOTE
We have a lovely new role for an experienced Designer with a lovely independent children’s publisher based in Suffolk. We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Designer to work with the Managing Editor to create a distinct creative vision for their successful imprint.
This is key role in the team and some of the responsibilities will include:
- Being aware of competitors in the marketplace and be aware of the company’s position within the middle mass market
- Support design decisions with industry benchmarking and external artistic references
- Identify new design and illustration trends, including areas outside of the book industry and integrate them into a commercially successful book design
- Build relationships with design and illustration agencies
- Project managing and briefing in-house artworkers, external freelance designers and illustrators
- Create production specifications for new book, books-plus and novelty book formats, including formats that are unique in the marketplace
We are looking for a creative individual with demonstrable commercial design experience, with great typographical and cover design skills, with a strong aptitude for Adobe Creative Suite, band above all, a real passion for eye-catching, child-focused design. You will have the proven ability to identify new design and illustration trends and integrate them into commercially successful design and experience of preparing books for supply to printers.
This role offers an attractive salary and company benefits. If you would like to find out more about this lovely opportunity, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations to: email@example.comApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register