Deputy Managing Editor
SALARY: On application
A highly respected publisher of scientific publications, based in London is looking to recruit a motivated and resourceful Deputy Managing Editor to direct and oversee the editorial and publication of their journal portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the work of Editors/Copy Editors and providing feedback and progress reports
- Acting as arbiter of production values for the journal, including overseeing consistency with house style.
- Checking factual content where necessary, raising queries with the Managing Editor
- Raising potential problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation
- One-to-one meetings with team members, providing support and ensuring team members are adequately trained, mentored and coached.
- Carrying out first/second round edit of articles and assessing authors responses to edits and editorial comments
This is a super new role and ideal for someone with proven journal editorial experience looking to step up and manage a small team.
The successful person will have:
- A degree in biomedical science and a minimum of a year’s editing experience - Essential
- Proven experience of producing high quality language and copy-edits and in-depth knowledge of the journal guidelines and policies.
- The ability and motivation to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage high-quality work whilst driving deadlines
- Strong IT skills, plus excellent communication skills
For further details of this exciting new role, please forward your CV and salary expectations.Apply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register