Deputy Managing Editor - Scientific Journals
SALARY: DETAILS UPON APPLICATION
A highly respected publisher of scientific publications, based in London is looking to recruit a motivated and resourceful Deputy Managing Editor to direct and oversee the editorial and publication of their journal portfolio. Reporting to the Managing Editor, this role will oversee a small team of Copy Editors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the work of Editors/Copy Editors and providing feedback and progress reports
- Acting as arbiter of production values for the journal, including overseeing consistency with house style.
- Checking factual content where necessary, raising queries with the Managing Editor
- Raising potential problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation
- One-to-one meetings with team members, providing support and ensuring team members are adequately trained, mentored and coached.
- Carrying out first/second round edit of articles and assessing authors responses to edits and editorial comments
This is a super new role and ideal for someone with proven journal editorial experience looking to step up and manage a small team.
The successful person will have:
- A degree in biomedical science and a minimum of a year’s editing experience - Essential
- Proven experience of producing high quality language and copy-edits and in-depth knowledge of the journal guidelines and policies.
- The ability and motivation to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage high-quality work whilst driving deadlines
- Strong IT skills, plus excellent communication skills
For further details of this exciting new role, please forward your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register