Content Acquisition Editor – 12 Month fixed term contract
SALARY: DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: REMOTE OR HYBRID (LONDON)
A highly successful global academic publisher of open research has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the open research team as a Content Acquisition Editor. This is initially a 12-month maternity contract, which can be worked as a fully remote or hybrid role.
The main purpose of this role is to commission high-quality article submissions across the fields of either Oncology and Basic Medicine, or Social Sciences. This role will involve detailed analysis of academic fields and growth areas, understanding of the breadth of research outputs in these areas and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of the company’s open research publishing approach. You will also implement and refine strategies for content development and generate ideas to support the development of new strategies for increasing article submissions across the platform.
Some of the key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting structured analysis of relevant academic fields using a range of tools to resolve areas of growth against a range of key parameters
- Identifying key target individuals and groups in those communities and use this to develop and implement structured commissioning plans
- Connect with high level researchers to engage them in discussion, regarding potential editorial projects
- Network and engage with key target researchers and research groups
- Day-to-day management of editorial projects, liaising with authors, advisors and other key partners
We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about open access, open data and open science, ideally with a background in academic journals. You will have proven commercial/customer engagement experience or relevant editorial experience of working across subjects within science, and a high degree of digital literacy including MS Office and internet browsers. You will have great communication skills and the ability to work pro-actively and independently.
This role offers a very attractive salary plus bonus and an excellent benefits package.
For more detailed information please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register