Commissioning Editor – Medicine & Healthcare Journals
SALARY: On application
LOCATION: Homeworking/part homeworking
Due to growth and internal promotion, a highly successful, global publisher of medical and healthcare journals is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated individual to join their Medical and Healthcare journals team as a Commissioning Editor. This role is a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious individual with some proven experience in medical publishing looking for the next step in their career and for someone who has a genuine interest/background in biomedical/biological science, and who enjoys researching relevant scientific literature and commissioning ideas for new articles. The role will be based at their London offices but there is the flexibility of remote working or working partly from the office.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Commissioning high quality and relevant content, within a specific therapy area
- Delivering content to specified timelines and quality standards
- Building close relationships with authors, editorial boards and key opinion leaders
- Oversee the peer review process and make decisions on manuscripts
- Reviewing submitted manuscripts for suitability and quality
- Ensure all relevant editorial and ethical guidelines and policies are followed
- Independently manage and develop your own journals to maintain competitiveness
- Support the marketing team to promote your own journals
This is a fantastic role and a golden opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter looking to develop their career in medical publishing. The successful person will be educated to degree level with a biomedical or life science degree (essential) and able to demonstrate an interest in scientific/medical or healthcare publishing. You will have some proven editorial or publishing experience within biomedical journals (at least a year) which you are looking to build upon; you will possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal; able to work as part of a team and have excellent time management skills.
For further details, please forward your CV with a covering letter outlining your interest and salary expectations.Apply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register