Books Publishing Services Director
SALARY: VERY GENEROUS SALARY PLUS 25% BONUS
LOCATION: REMOTE OR HYBRID
We are recruiting a not-to-be missed new senior opportunity with a highly successful, global academic publishing organisation. Reporting to the COO, this global role will manage the Books Publishing Services department, by not only defining and delivering the global strategy for books manufacturing, inventory, ebooks and data, but also contributing to the overall strategy and management of the division.
This is a crucial role which supports ambitious business growth and the improvement of customer satisfaction by creating a print and ebooks supply chain that can support business needs and its customers and the wider community. This role will manage a large team and can be based remotely, but the successful person will need to be based in the UK.
This is a broad and highly responsible position, and some of the main areas of accountability and responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Books Publishing Services throughout the life cycle, from the point that final print files are ready onwards, covering file storage, curation, conversion and distribution (content team), books procurement, vendor management (printers, warehouses, distribution partners) and demand planning.
- Managing the physical book stock in warehouses worldwide and distribution relationships, with a view to maximising sales and customer needs and minimise obsolescence.
- Manage overall procurement of book printing, utilising a global system of POD printers, vendor self-printing and offset/short run printers.
- Assess new market growth opportunities and identify any key issues.
- Oversee procurement policy and relationship management to deliver best results to the business, in terms of cost, service and brand leadership.
We are looking for a highly experienced individual from an academic book publishing background, who can demonstrate significant experience as a senior manager, who has been responsible for production within their division. You will have proven team management experience, along with experience of articulating business requirements for IT systems, and experience of managing multi-million-pound vendor contracts. A track record of utilising technology to improve workflows specific to the division’s requirements is essential, as is a deep understanding of academic publishing and the publishing and distribution industry.
This role carries a generous salary and bonus, plus excellent company benefits. For further information please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer an initial confidential chat, please call us on 0207 048 6223.Apply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register