Acquisitions Editor (UK Engineering) - London
SALARY: On application
A leading international, independent publisher of STEM books & journals is looking to appoint an experienced Acquisition Editor to join their books publishing team.
Publishing around 600 titles per year and about 140 journals, this prestigious company has many of its books as recommended texts adopted by renowned institutions.
- Acquiring new titles and new editions of key backlist titles on Engineering topics
- Creating proposals including costing and pricing suggestions; portfolios management
- Preparing, negotiating and finalising contracts on acceptable terms
- Developing personal network of academic contacts
- Maintaining positive collaborative relationships with existing/potential authors, reviewers, contributors, key advisers, and potential textbook adopters
- Monitoring demands of market forces, advising on future trends, risks, and opportunities
- Master’s/PhD degree in Engineering
- Substantial prior relevant publishing experience
- Ability to build, nurture and manage potential authors
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a team
- Ability in managing multiple projects simultaneously amid tight deadlines.
If you would like further information on this interesting new role, please send your CV with a brief cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations to: email@example.comApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register