Acquisitions Editor - Lifestyle Books
SALARY: DETAILS ON APPLICATION
LOCATION: LONDON - HYBRID
We have a unique new role for an Acquisitions Editor, working for a leading, global publisher of trade books, to work across their successful Lifestyle list. Working across topics such as cookery, crafts, health and well-being, this fabulous role would suit someone who is currently working at senior editor level or is in their first acquisition post already. Working across the full list on Global and UK titles, you will commission and project manage around 10-12 new titles a year from pitch to finished product. This role can be worked on a hybrid working basis.
Reporting to the Editorial Director some of the key responsibilities of this role will involve, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to creating, planning and executing company strategy to develop your list and developing and progressing short and medium-term publishing plans, acquiring a number of agreed titles per year.
- Soliciting, evaluating and developing ideas for new books
- Developing relationships with authors and agents, with a view to future acquisitions
- Developing proposals for books and pitching them at New Project Meetings
- Determining viability and profitability of acquisitions, including drawing up proposals and generating profit and loss estimates
- Keeping abreast of competitors and maintain market awareness in order to adapt to changing markets and seek out new publishing opportunities
We are looking for a self-starter who thinks like an entrepreneur and who has a flair for finding, creating and developing ideas which are well thought through. You will have some experience as a senior editor or junior acquisitions editor across the lifestyle genre, such as cookery, crafts, health and well-being etc. looking for more responsibility and a broader role. You will have the ability to understand the book’s vision and pitch it appropriately, understanding the commercial opportunity it presents. The ability to negotiate confidently and constructively challenge when required is essential to this role as is a good mix of strong creative and analytical skills.
This role is available now and is a not-to-be missed opportunity to develop your experience within a fantastic, successful team.
For further information please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations to: email@example.comApply
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register