Managing Editor - ELT Secondary Education – 4 Month FTC
A highly-respected, and well-known not-for-profit organisation, which promotes educational opportunities is looking to appoint a Managing Editor to act as the key representative and project lead for the Content Development Team on a new Lower Secondary ELT publishing project.
Based in London, this role sits within the English and Exams Global Product Development team and will help to develop the organisation’s position as a leading provider of high quality English language courses.
The Managing Editor will be responsible for planning and project-managing print and digital courses through all stages of development and will oversee the full life-cycle of content development activities, ensuring that materials meet defined market requirements and quality standards and are produced on time and to budget.
This role is divided into two phases and responsibilities will include:
- Researching and preparing a product description, detailing product requirements, e.g. components, course level entry and exit points, methodology and approach, assessment etc.
- Researching and preparing a product plan detailing costs, schedules and resourcing based on a range of publishing options
- Preparing prototype samples and facilitate market research and piloting.
- Provide editorial support for the organisation’s business units
- Manage and liaise with freelancers
- Develop a sound working knowledge of major developments and issues with the ELT market, publishing and eLearning
This role is initially a 4 month FTC but has the distinct possibility of being extended.
Experience and Skills required:
- Educated to degree level with an EFL qualification (CELTA, Cert., TESOL or equivalent)
- Significant experience of planning and developing professional print and digital ELT publishing materials
- Experience of teaching English as a foreign language to teenagers aged 11-16 years
- Solid project management skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Although this role is called Managing Editor, we also invite applications from candidates who have been Commissioning Editors or Publishers.
For more detailed information on this role please send your CV and application letter, outlining your salary expectations and availability
020 7048 6223
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register