Editorial Coordinator - Scientific Association - Home Based
Location: Home Based
A leading scientific association based in London is looking to recruit an experienced Editorial Coordinator to work on their flagship journal. The journal publishes original peer-reviewed articles on all aspects of intensive care and pain therapy and is one of the principal journals in its field. This role will be home based but will attend the London office once every 2-3 weeks.
This is a key role within the team as you will work on the manuscript submission and peer review of the journal and will support the transition to an electronic workflow system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the editor in chief and editorial team in producing the monthly journal
- Supporting the transition to an electronic editorial system
- Manuscript processing: co-ordinating the manuscript submission and peer review process
- Responding to authors
- Producing reports and statistics from the manuscript submission system
- Developing strong working relationships with authors
- Co-ordinating editors’ meetings and supporting the Editor-in-Chief with the recruitment of external reviewers
Our client is looking for a candidate with excellent journal processing experience and who is able to demonstrate ideas for the future development of the journal, and a dedication to ensuring effective administration of its content.
- Degree level or equivalent educated, ideally in a scientific or medical discipline, or specifically publishing, with significant editing experience
- An in-depth knowledge of the editorial process
- Demonstrable, significant experience of journal processing, ideally in a similar role
- Experience of working in a scientific publishing environment
- Experience of using a computerised editorial system
- The ability to work with external publishers to support the transition to an electronic journal submission system
- Previous experience of working with a not for profit organisation would be desirable
- Strong IT skills and database management
This role carries a competitive salary and a good range of benefits. For further details please forward your CV and a short covering letter, outlining your salary expectations.
020 7048 6223
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register