Digital Publishing Manager - Membership Organisation
We have an interesting and varied opportunity to work for a professional membership Body providing qualifications, training and guidance. Based in London and working as part of the wider team, the Digital Publishing Manager will lead and manage the Publishing team to deliver the organisation’s publishing strategy. The responsibilities of the Digital Publishing Manager will include overseeing commissioning and production of high quality technical content in print and digital formats. This role will also explore ways of refreshing/repurposing existing content, overseeing the introduction of appropriate systems and procedures, and transition the publishing business as a whole, from print to a digital service.
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Working with colleagues across the organisation to shape and deliver the strategy, and build relationships and practices that cement the place of knowledge at the heart of the company.
- Lead on the transitioning of the organisation’s publishing portfolio, away from print to digital and print-on-demand, including exploring opportunities to commission new content and reshape, repurpose and upsell existing content in new formats.
- Review the organisation’s portfolio of professional books to identify gaps and explore opportunities for repurposing and reselling that content
- Work with Qualifications Development colleagues to lead the production of high quality materials learning for students, including ensuring that manuscripts meet the brief in terms of quality, style and length, and oversee the process of technical and other reviews as appropriate.
- Manage other members of the Publishing team
- Implement a strong project management ethos across the business, making sure that projects run smoothly from manuscript to final delivery
- Working with the Development Director, develop and manage the Publishing Budget, including preparing budgets and business plans for individual projects and for the business as a whole
This is a crucial role within this new team and the successful person will have a strong understanding of running projects and supporting digitisation.
The successful person will have:
- A good track record of creating digital and print content for professional audiences
- Experience of working with developers, instructional designers in the delivery of content
- Experience of leading a small publishing team through a transition from a print focus to digital
- A good understanding of delivering content to professional and technical audiences, ideally within a digital environment
- Strong IT knowledge, with a good understanding of publishing processes for both digital and print and a firm understanding of content delivery platforms
- Excellent editorial and project management skills
For further information please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your salary expectations.
20 7048 6223
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register