Aquisitions Editior - Translation Rights
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Location: Windsor, Berkshire
Are you passionate about reading? Would you like to work in a role where you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a broad range of English literature, from the latest releases to existing classics, with the mission of promoting reading and education?
We have a lovely new role, working with a not-for-profit organisation who promotes education and culture, whilst spreading the love of reading within Arabic speaking communities. The role of Acquisitions Editor, Translation Rights will be to read and identify quality material in English in order to acquire translation rights in Arabic from various publishers or authors, make suggestions, identify new books and write books reviews. Once you have selected a promising book, the Acquisitions Editor will play a substantial role in engaging the rights holder to negotiate a licence to translate the book and help bring it to a significant audience across the Arabic speaking world.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Keeping up to date with the latest book releases in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to: popular science, philosophy, economics, classics, etc.
- Selecting and reviewing popular works in fiction and non-fiction
- Carefully selecting books for approach, considering suitability for an intended audience and viability of licencing
- Approaching authors and publishers to negotiate licensors
- Following up to maintain strong relationships with existing licensors
This is a dream job if your passion is reading! The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for reading and a desire to spread knowledge to a wide audience
- Experience or confidence to approach publishers and authors to acquire rights licensing deals
- Strong negotiating experience/skills
- The ability to write clear, creative and honest reviews
- Great communication skills especially in interacting with internal and external contacts are essential
- Brilliant organisational skills with the ability to produce high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to learn
For clarity, no knowledge of the Arabic language is required in this role and the post-holder will be based in offices in the UK.
For further information on this fabulous new role, please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining your interest. Please state your salary expectations and availability.
This is a full-time role and will be office based to begin with.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register