Our process of recruiting
First of all it is very important for us to get to know you, and how you work.
At Redwood Publishing Recruitment we pride ourselves on being traditional recruiters offering a bespoke service to the publishing industry. We don't just source and screen candidates; we get to know them! We like to understand their backgrounds and motivations to not only ensure you receive potential candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced, but who are enthusiastic about the opportunity to work for your organization.
Upon receipt of a letter, our recruitment process is as follows:
- The process starts with a dedicated consultant who will be assigned to your vacancy.
- The consultant will talk through the job description with you, enabling greater understanding of the role and building a candidate profile, therefore fine tuning the process.
- We will match / contact suitable candidates already registered with us against the job description and person.
- We may also advertise the role either under our own banner or under the client company name if preferred.
- Once we are satisfied that candidates meet the necessary criteria, we carry out a telephone interview / informal chat in order to talk through their experience and get 'a feel' for their personality and interests.
- This will be followed by a thorough face-to-face interview at our offices, to ascertain a candidate's suitability further, where we outline the role in more detail and find out the candidate's motivations for the position.
- When we are confident that a candidate matches all expectations and they are fully briefed on the role, we will pass their CV, letter of application and a brief outline on the person across for consideration.
- At this point, salaries and expectations are usually discussed alongwith any questions regarding the role or organisation.
- Initially we prefer to forward no more than 6/7 relevant CVs as we like to make sure that any candidates submitted are 'ticking all the boxes' rather than candidates who are borderline.
- We mentor candidates throughout the process so they are fully prepared for interview.
- Furthermore, throughout the recruitment process, we will keep you updated and informed on our progress.
If you would like to be kept up to date with our latest vacancies , please sign up!register